Circus City and Silent Disco Assistant
2 x assistants required per day
- To assist entertainment provider Vern Hardie to ensure children enjoy their creative experience.
- To manage the circus craft table, encouraging participation and demonstrating how to make the crafts and to keep up with supplies.
- To assist with bookings for Silent Disco and preparations before and after the activity if required.
- To maintain security of the site when the entertainment provider Vern Hardie is conducting Silent Disco events off site.
- Interpersonal skills, especially in communicating with children and families.
- Fun, outgoing, friendly, cooperative and able to use initiative.
- Enjoys craft making and circus activities.
- Commitment to ensuring the safety of festival attendees in an unusual environment.
- Ability to volunteer as part of a highly committed and vibrant team.
- Experience in customer service
- Welcome and assist visitors to engage in the activity as directed by Vern Hardie.
- Assist with circus craft making activities e.g. making juggling balls and poi’s, colouring in.
- Ensure the craft table has plenty of supplies and advise Vern Hardie when resources are running low.
- Assist with the bump in and bump out of circus equipment as required.
- Assist with bookings for Silent Disco, provide relevant information, distribution/collection of headsets as required.
- Provide security to the site when Vern Hardie is conducting Silent Disco tours.
Friday: 9.30am –1pm & 1pm – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 1pm & 1pm – 5pm
Sunday: 9.30am – 1pm & 1pm – 5pm
Personal Protective Equipment:
Note: Position Description may be subject to change