Around the World Activity Assistant
2x assistants required per shift
To assist activity provider to ensure children enjoy their creative experience.
Signing In and Out:
- Report to the Volunteer Hub on arrival and complete sign in procedures.
- Report to the Volunteer Hub on completion of duties for the day and complete sign out procedures.
- Interpersonal skills, especially in communicating with children and families.
- Fun, outgoing, friendly, cooperative and able to use initiative.
- Enjoys cultural activities.
- Commitment to ensuring the safety of festival attendees in an unusual environment.
- Ability to volunteer as part of a highly committed and vibrant team.
- Experience in customer service
- Report to Volunteer Coordinator prior to commencement on site.
- Welcome and assist visitors to engage in the activity as directed by the activity provider
- Assist with environmental/science activities.
- Assist with the bump in and bump out of any light equipment as required.
- Direct visitors around all festival activities.
- Warden Duties as part of the emergency process.
- Observe Occupational Health and Safety standards at all times.
- Be alert to potential hazards within the event precincts and report any concerns to the Volunteer Hub.
- Record all concerns, documents, observations etc. in the form provided at the Volunteer hub for review purposes.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Friday: 9.30am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
Friday: 9.30am - 1pm & 3pm - 5pm
A uniform will be supplied and it is expected that it will be worn during the event. To complement the uniform it is strongly suggested to wear dark pants.
Note: Position Descriptions may be subject to change