Roving Information Assistant
4 x assistants required per shift
To assist the general public with inquiries about the Bendigo Easter Festival and support the delivering of a successful event for the City of Greater Bendigo.
To assist in providing a Lost Child Service to the festival; including guiding lost children or walking parents to First Aid tent.
This position will be a “Roving” role situated throughout Rosalind Park and the festival precinct.
Signing In and Out:
- Report to the Volunteer Hub on arrival and complete sign in procedures.
- Report to the Volunteer Hub on completion of duties for the day and complete sign out procedures.
- Interpersonal skills, especially when communicating with small children and parents.
- High level of customer service in a calm and controlled manner.
- Ability to volunteer as part of a highly committed and vibrant team.
- Familiar understanding of the festival program.
- Commitment to ensure the safety of all festival attendees.
- Friendly, cooperative and able to use initiative.
- Assist the general public with all enquiries regarding the Bendigo Easter Festival by familiarising with the entire program and layout of activities.
- Direct visitors to sites of other events, including community events and to the Bendigo Visitor Centre for information regarding other attractions around Bendigo and accommodation needs.
- Other duties as directed by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure the lost children procedures are followed, in association with the Admin Hub.
- Distribute festival programs, encourage visitors to visit the festival website and download festival app.
- Warden duties as part of the emergency process.
- Record all concerns, documents, observations etc. in the form provided at the Admin Hub for review purposes.
Times Required: subject to change
Friday: 9am - 12:30pm & 12.30pm – 5.30pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 12:30pm & 12.30pm– 5.30pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 12:30pm & 12.30pm – 5.30pm
Additional Briefing Session: TBA
A uniform will be supplied and it is expected that it will be worn during the event. To compliment the uniform it is strongly suggested to wear dark pants.
Mandatory Requirement - Working With Children Check
In 2006, the Victorian Government introduced a new checking system to help protect children under 18 years of age from physical or sexual harm. The Working with Children (WWC) Check creates a mandatory minimum checking standard across Victoria. The WWC Check helps to keep children safe by preventing those who pose a risk to the safety of children from working with them, in either paid or volunteer work.
Some roles for the Bendigo Easter Festival are specifically linked with working with children and so a WWC Check will be required. To apply for your WWC Check please contact your local Australia Post outlet for the appropriate application form.
There is no cost to you as it is free for volunteers.
For further information, please visit www.justice.vic.gov.au/workingwithchildren
Personal Protective Equipment:
Note: Position Description may be subject to change